Who can lodge a caveat or caution on land?

Any person who is claiming a contractual or other right over land amounting to a defined interest capable of creation by a registrable instrument, e.g. a lease, may lodge a caution with the Registrar against any dealing which is inconsistent with his interest. Entry of a transaction, with respect to such land, may not then be made unless the cautioner has received notice. Lodging of a caveat or caution without reasonable cause can lead to a remedy in damages.

wordpress theme jazzsurf.com

READ  How to clean your house fast and efficiently

Leave a Reply

Makao Bora