Interior finishing today uses more tiles than a few years ago. This is especially so for the kitchen and bathroom, although tiles are to be found in almost every room in a house today. So, how do you keep them clean?
1. Use baking soda, sprinkled lightly on a damp sponge, to easily remove grease from tiles behind the hob.
2. Clean grout between the tiles with a toothbrush, working in a paste of vinegar and baking powder or baking soda and lemon juice. Leave for a couple of hours and rinse off.
3. Clean greasy tiles with lemon juice.
1. Before cleaning bathroom tiles, run the shower on hot for five minutes to steam dirt loose.
2. Clean grout with a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice. Lemon juice is a natural lightener and baking soda is a natural scourer and odour absorber.
3. Use baking soda and a gentle scouring pad on tough stains.
4. If tiles are very greasy use lemon juice or vinegar – nature’s degreasers!